Thursday, October 25, 2007

Romance, Romance, Romance

In 2006, I decided to read some of my favorite romance authors's books in the correct series order. I have frequently picked up a romance book only to find out it is part of a series. I usually enjoy the book and move on to another book; but in 2006, I decided I needed to actually read all of the books in a series and read them in order. This meant I would have to re-read some books in order to read them in order. I mistakenly thought I could do this in one year. Well since I had to get over half of the books from different libraries it took me a year just to get through 3 authors.

I have to admit I have added more authors to my original list and currently have over 20 authors on my romance list. Out of this list I have finished reading, in series order, all of the books by 6 authors.

I do read other books besides romances, but usually only for book clubs. So now I'm feeling kind of out of the loop for other popular novels. But I'm still determined to make it through my list.

One thing I do have to say for this experience is that it has given me a new appreciation for different styles of writing. So far, 2 of the authors I've read, have had a writing style that is slower to read. Which has been hard because I want to hurry and finish reading that authors books so I can move on to another auhor. And I know I don't read that slow because during the summer I read over 60 books, and most of them were over 300 pages.

So I continue to read romance, after romance, after romance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home