Thursday, July 12, 2007

Harry Potter

The new Harry Potter book will be out soon, July 21, and here at the library we are waiting in great anticipation. I personally started reading the Harry Potter series after the first 4 books were already out. One of my professors at college had encouraged me to read them when I found time, and I did after I was out of college. I have been a fan ever since I read the first book, and now I'm anticipating Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows with both happiness and sadness (because it is the last).

When the movies come out I'm excited to see them, but not the first week, I like to wait until the big crowds have dissipated. So I'm also looking forward to going to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix next week.

Right now I'm re-listening to the audio book of the Order of the Phoenix, and I have to say I sometimes wish the movies had not come out until after all of the books were out. Sometimes it is great to have the movie assistance in imagining how certain things look, but other times I wish I didn't keep picturing a certain actor when I'm reading a book.

To celebrate the new book the library is having a Harry Haze party on Friday, July 20. Starting at 8:00 pm we will be playing Harry Potter scene it? and at 9:30 pm we will watch Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire outside on the side of our building. Then at Midnight we will draw to see who will be first to check out the new book.

If you haven't read Harry Potter before, now is the perfect time to start because you can read all of the books without waiting for the new one to come out in a couple of years.

Happy Reading!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home